The purpose of the Voluntary Product Accessibility Template, or VPAT™ is to assist Federal contracting officials and other buyers in making preliminary assessments regarding the availability of commercial “Electronic and Information Technology” products and services with features that support accessibility. It is assumed and recommended that offerers will provide additional contact information to facilitate more detailed inquiries.
The following links provide a summary view of the Section 508 Standards:
- Section 1194.21: Software Applications and Operating Systems
- Section 1194.22: Web-based Internet Information and Applications
- Section 1194.23: Telecommunications Products
- Section 1194.24: Video and Multi-media Products
- Section 1194.25: Self-Contained, Closed Products
- Section 1194.26: Desktop and Portable Computers
- Section 1194.31: Functional Performance Criteria
- Section 1194.41: Information, Documentation, and Support
The subsequent tables provide more detailed views of each subsection. There are three columns in each table:
- The first column contains the lettered paragraphs of the subsections.
- The second column describes the supporting features of the product with regard to that paragraph.
- The third column contains any additional remarks and explanations regarding the product.